Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination:
• Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as their mandatory subjects
• They must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology)
• They must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects.
Date of Birth:
• Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1989.
• SC/ST/PWD candidates will have a relaxation of the upper age limit by 5 years that is they must be born on or after October 1, 1984.
Year of Passing Qualifying Examination:
• Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination or other qualifying examination in the year 2012 or 2013.
• Candidates appearing for their Class XII examination in 2014 are eligible.
Number of Allowed attempts:
• A candidate can avail a maximum of 3 attempts.
• JEE (Main) Merit List for NITs, IIITs & CFTIs will be announced based on: 40% of XII Board (Normalised) + 60% of JEE (Main)
• JEE (Advanced) Merit List for IITs will be announced on the basis of
a. Merit list prepared based on Marks of JEE (Advanced)
b. All students to be in top 20 percentile of their class XII exams (Mandatory)