WORKING WITH THE POEM
Do you agree with what the poet says? Talk to your partner and complete these sentences.
1. A house is made of _________
2. It has ________
3. A home is made by ________
4. It has ________
1. lifeless brick and Stone.
2. window glasses, a courtyard, tile floors, doors and a roof.
3. loving and caring parents and children.
4. members who understand each other. They love and care for one another self lessly.
Now complete these sentences about your house and home.
1. My house is ________
2. The best thing about my home is ________
1. a structure of bricks, marbles and tiles. It has beautiful windows, ventilators and doors.
2. that all the members are very loving and caring. There are no disputes or quarrels among us.
Short Type Question
How does the poet distinguish between a house and a home? Which do you think is better?
A house is a lifeless structure of brick and stone, wood and glass. It has tile floors, chimneys and so many doors. It has no feelings, no voice. Home should not be confused with house. It is altogether different from a house. It consists of living beings, a group of loving and helpful brothers and sisters, mother and father. They are unselfish. They care for each other. They are kind and sharing. A home is much better than a mere house.